Well we are into 2016 and I’m ready to set some goals for this new year. I’m not one that really likes to do New Year’s resolutions. I feel most of those just fall short of my completing them and then I feel bad or guilty. However, when I set obtainable goals I feel they are something I can strive to achieve and I keep working toward my end goal. I’m just trying to better myself and keep pushing to do my best each day.
There are a couple things I like to do to make achieving my goals a little easier. Here is a list of the things I do. I would love to hear what you do also. Leave comments below to let me know what helps you accomplish your goals.
Things That Help Me Accomplish My Goals
- Write it down– Things seem real when you write them down. Writing down your goals help give you a clear statement as to what you want to accomplish.
- Make your goal specific– Sometimes we make goals so broad we’re not really sure what the parameters are and what we really want to accomplish. Make sure you know exactly what it is that you are trying to work on.
- Enlist a friend- Having a friend to workout with is way more fun then being on your own. A friend can also hold you accountable on days you don’t want to work out or you want to eat a piece of cheesecake.
- Set a timeline or deadline. Dates will help keep you on track. I always do better when I know when I have to start and finish something. It just seems to keep me in line when I know what the time frame is that I will be accomplishing a certain task.
- Use as many resources as possible to reach your goal.- There are so many resources these days that can help you reach your goal. Books, social media, Apps and professionals are all great resources that may get you to the place you want to be. Don’t be afraid to get help from other sources.
- Change your habits. When you slowly change your daily habits you can make a difference in your life and implement change in a positive direction.
Success is the sum of
repeated day in and day out.
God is within her. She will not fail.