It’s already July and I do not have any books ready to review for you from June. I have had a crazy month. My kids finished school, My son had basketball almost every weekend, I had to prepare for our annual Fourth of July party and to top it off I got a horrible case of poison ivy. Of course I wanted the yard to look nice for the party and The entire family worked outside for weeks. Well I had a severe reaction and have had the rash for over 20 days now. I’ve been on a steroid pack, a steroid spray and 2 cortisone shots. I think it just has to run its course.
The Fourth of July party went really well. It was our 6th annual party and everyone had a blast. It was our biggest party yet. The food menu was amazing and I had so many party rentals that our guests had an amazing time. My husband out did himself on the fireworks this year.
I thought I would do a summer reading challenge because that is the season I can actually devote more time to reading. If you feel the same way, take these ideas and try some new books that you wouldn’t normally try.
Summer Reading Challenge
- Read a trilogy
- Read a book that has been made into a movie
- Read the newest book from your favorite author
- Check out a new author you haven’t read before
- Read a non fiction book about a topic that interest you
- Read a self help book
- Read a book from a different genre than you normally read
- Reread one of your favorite books
- Read a classic
- Read a book recommended by a friend
- Start a book club
- Read a biography about someone you admire
- Read a book you started but never finished
- Read a book on the bestseller’s list
- Read a book you purchased but never read
I know there are books on this list that I can start reading tonight. I have some in mind that would work perfectly for some of these categories. It doesn’t take much time and effort, but it’s so much fun to play a little game while you read. Let me know what books you choose for what categories. I would love to hear what you’re currently reading.