I am still in the middle of my spring cleaning and I am feeling pretty good about my progress so far. I know before too long I’m going to have to add outdoor chores to my list and once that begins these extra projects of mine will be null and void. About a year ago, I redid my office and I just love that space. It’s a really beautiful pink and I love sitting in there for hours and letting my creativity flow. I will have to do a reveal soon. Let’s talk about how to keep your desk organized so you work smarter not harder.
- Go paperless. If going paperless just isn’t going to happen, break down your papers in groups. File keepsakes, pay bills, and shred all others.
- Have cute organizers for little items. There are so many cute containers now that are inexpensive. Use those in your theme color for paper clips, erasers, Post-it, etc…
- Put things you don’t use daily in decorative boxes. I love Sugar Paper LA boxes. You can also find beautiful ones at Michaels and Home Goods.
- Have a bulletin board with all your inspiration pictures. My mood board is right above my desk and it really reflects my style and branding for my blog. It helps keep me focused and if I need a little Inspiration I can take a peek for ideas.
- Make it functional. Some offices double as guest rooms so you need to make sure you decorate so the room accomplishes both goals.
- Storage is key. What storage items can help you get things off your desk? Maybe a file cabinet, shelves, baskets, and a closet.
- What kind of desk do you need? When purchasing your desk you may want to think about what your needs are. Are you going to need drawers or display shelves?
- Get a comfortable chair. The chair is just as important as the desk. You will be spending lots of hours here. Pick something that will give you support and is comfortable.
- Hide the cords. If you have a computer or desk lamp you want to have a plan for hiding the cords. You can decide this as you decide where to place your desk.
- Try to hide office printers and trash cans if you can. If you can take these bulky items and hide them than your office will make more of a statement.
I would love to hear some of the things you guys do to keep your offices ready for optimum productivity. Also, what do your offices look like right now? Do you work from home or in a traditional setting? Please leave a comment below and share this with a friend. Let’s be friends. If you want to see more decor and fun content, follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook.